These Easy AIP Pancakes (no banana, no eggs) are so fluffy and delicious that they could fool your non-paleo friends. Bonus - they are also Vegan!
Can I turn this recipe into AIP Banana Pancakes?
Sure! Just add about 1 cup of sliced banana to the recipe. In fact, you can add any fruit or even chocolate chips (please note that chocolate is an AIP reintroduction) to the recipe to mix it up. Just make sure to chop the fruit or use something smaller like berries.
- Beth Blends Grain Free Flour Blend: The use of the Beth Blends Grain Free Flour Blend means that this recipe is only 6 ingredients rather than 11. Our AIP flour blends combines multiple AIP flours to give the pancakes the best texture and flavor. Plus, you don’t even need gelatin or eggs. Our blend uses tapioca flour which acts as a binder.
- Ground Cinnamon: This is optional, but it does add a hint of flavor.
- Sea Salt: Make sure to use sea salt. Table salt has a different level of saltiness and won’t work well.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Avocado Oil: Either oil is fine, but the avocado oil has a more neutral flavor that works well in this sweet recipe.
- Maple Syrup: Just a few tablespoons of maple syrup is all you need to add a hint of sweetness to this recipe.
- Coconut Milk: You can substitute this for your favorite milk.
If you like this easy pancake recipe, then you’ll love these AIP breakfast recipes.
How to make the Paleo Mom approved pancakes
1. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt into a large mixing bowl.
2. Next add the oil, maple syrup and coconut milk and stir until combined. The batter should be almost completely lump free.
3. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium to medium low heat. Once the pan is hot, pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan. Let cook for 1-2 minutes or until you start to see bubbles form and pop all over the pancake. Flip then let cook for another minute or two. Once finished cooking, transfer to a plate to serve immediately. Repeat until all the batter is gone.
Tips for making the best easy pancake recipe without eggs.
- These cook fast, so you don’t want the pan too hot.
- These pancakes do well as leftovers and in the freezer.
- Cooking times may vary due to different stovetops and types of skillets.
- If the pancakes are coming out gummy, they may need additional cooking time.
- Add in 1 cup of your favorite add-ins like berries or chocolate chips (please note that these are an AIP reintroduction).