These Savory Gluten Free Muffins are filled with spinach, cheese, eggs, and our Grain Free Flour Blend (without almonds). It’s the perfect savory breakfast muffin.
What you’ll need for the best gluten free muffins
- Beth Blends Grain Free Flour Blend
- Sea Salt
- Dried Oregano
- Ground Pepper
- Milk: Non-dairy milk of your choice would be a good substitute.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Another oil such as avocado oil is a good substitute.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Cheddar cheese would be a good substitute.
- Spinach: Frozen spinach would be a good substitute for the sauteed spinach. However, it would need to be defrosted and then the water drained.
- Garlic cloves: Do not use garlic powder as a substitute for fresh garlic. Garlic powder will overpower the muffins and make them taste almost bitter.
How to make Savory Gluten Free Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin tin with paper cups and then set aside.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
3. Next combine the milk, oil, eggs, 1 cup of cheese, spinach, and garlic into the bowl. Again, stir to combine.
4. Spoon the batter evenly into each muffin cup. Add cheese to the tops of each muffin then place the muffin tin in the oven to bake for 15-17 minutes or until the tops are browned.
A few tips for the BEST gluten free muffins
- Cheddar cheese is a good substitute for mozzarella in this recipe.
- You’re welcome to use a non-dairy milk as a substitute for the cow milk.
- Frozen spinach would be a good substitute for the sauteed spinach. However, it would need to be defrosted and then the water drained.
- Make sure to use the Beth Blends Grain Free Flour Blend in the pink bag. Beth Blends flours are not interchangeably.
- Do not use garlic powder as a substitute for fresh garlic. Garlic powder will overpower the muffins and make them taste almost bitter.
Is cheese gluten free?
Yes, cheese is naturally gluten free if it hasn’t been cross contaminated with gluten while manufactured or packaged. However, cheese and dairy in general is a Paleo grey area. According to The Paleo Mom, high quality dairy (pastured, grass fed) is allowed so please keep that in mind.
Are muffins a healthy breakfast option?
These Savory Gluten Free Muffins are a good breakfast option because they have protein, vegetables and zero added sugar. It’s a great grab and go breakfast option.
Other gluten free recipes using Beth Blends
- Easy AIP Pancakes (no bananas, no eggs)
- AIP Cranberry Orange Scones
- AIP ‘Chocolate” Donut (Paleo option)
- Paleo Pumpkin Donut with Maple Icing (Nut Free, AIP)
- Paleo Pancakes (Nut and Cassava Free) https://bethblends.com/blogs/recipes/paleo-pancakes-nut-cassava-free
- Pumpkin Spice Waffles (Nut and Cassava Free)
- AIP Waffles (Vegan)